Human Practices Committee
Contact the Committee
We know it’s not always easy to navigate the human practices issues that emerge as you’re working on your iGEM project. The Human Practices Committee is here to help!
Contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org!
You can ask us questions like:
- Does a particular aspect of my team’s project count more as public engagement or as integrated human practices?
- Can you recommend any points of contact to ask about synthetic biology policy in my country?
- What is the iGEM protocol around conducting interviews with stakeholders?
We’re happy to clarify medal criteria, help you to plan engagement with people outside of your team, and otherwise assist with your human practices work. You might also want to read through the FAQ on the What Is Human Practices? Page.
Human Practices Executive Committee
The Human Practices Executive Committee members works directly with the iGEM foundation to develop its human practices efforts including providing guidance on judging criteria, information and resources
Director of Human Practices
Sam Weiss Evans
Pieter van Boheemen
Human Practices Committee
Our Human Practices Committee members provide additional guidance and have agreed to be contacted by teams seeking assistance on specific elements of their human practices work.
Contact email@example.com more information!
Hassnain Qasim Bokhari
Ellen Dias Jorgensen
President, Biotech without Borders; Scientific Director, Brooklyn Bio; Adjunct Faculty, The Cooper Union
Postdoctoral Researcher, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montréal; why.technology
- Jane Calvert, Reader, Science, Technology and Innovation Studies, University of Edinburgh
- Genya Dana, Principal, Dana & Sharpe Strategic Directions, LLC
- Emma Frow, Assistant Professor, School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering, Arizona State University
- Luz Alba Gallo Herrán, Service and Experience Desginer, Ministry of ICT and Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá-Colombia
- Terry Johnson, Associate Teaching Professor in Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley
- Linda Kahl, Senior Counsel and Director of Ownership, Sharing and Innovation, The BioBricks Foundation
- David Lloyd, CEO, FREDsense Technologies
- Kenneth Oye, Professor of Political Science and Data Systems and Society and Director of the Program on Emerging Technologies (PoET), Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Larisa Rudenko, Visiting Scholar, MIT Center for International Studies
- Tim Trevan, Co-Founder, Chrome Biorisk Management Consulting